Twitter

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Restructuring my training plan

Great news - I've got a new job! YAY! 😊 Very happy about that after some months without... However, due to necessary commuting I'll have to rethink and restructure my training plan for 2017.


New gear from Reebok!
As I mentioned in my last post, I've been selected to be a part of the Reebok Floatride Team for this year’s London Marathon and becoming an ambassador for Reebok. I'm very honoured to have been selected for this and I'm looking very much forward to it indeed. It also included some new kit to be used for the marathon and a great Reebok marathon-training-day in London last weekend. A great day indeed! 😁 

However, as my new job requires daily commuting, which then leaves less time for me to run, I've been forced to rethink or restructure my usual weekly training schedule. 

That being said, I'm not complaining! I'm very pleased with what I've got! I have a job to get to every day - many haven't; I've been selected to be a Reebok Ambassador and to participate in an otherwise completely "sold out" and "hard-to-get-to" London Marathon 2017; I just might have some new gadget coming my way for testing which should be the best on the market for HR monitoring on the wrist 😄; I have a house to shelter me; Great family and friends, and I've got the very best partner in life! I couldn't be happier and after all: It is only running, and as running still doesn't pay my bills yet, I'll manage with less, although I'll have to postpone dreams of doing some looong runs for the time being (100 miles and 24h run) and stop my weekly club-runs. However, I'm going to do the best I can with whatever time I've got. Hopefully #LessIsMore 😀 

As a part of my daily commute, I'm gonna ride my bike for some of the distance - both because it helps me being less dependent on co-workers having to pick me up at the train station, but also because it gives me a bit of daily exercise (25km a day). 😉 
Reebok Floatride! LINK

I have to get up quite early in the mornings for my daily commute. After chatting to my coach, Shaun Dixon from Let's Get Running, I hoped to get to run two times of 1 hour during workdays plus weekends. However, it's now been several weeks and I've failed to do this. I've only been out for 5km one or two times a week during the last couple of weeks. However, it's better than nothing. 😃


So, in retrospect of the past couple of weeks, I'm changing my training plans to aim for simply having a jolly time at London Marathon, bringing my camera and setting out to capture my (float)ride through the course in my new gear among thousands of spectators. 😉 

Oh - And spring seems to be approaching fast by the way 😋


Team #FloatrideLondon #ReebokUK #LondonMarathon #VLM2017


See you all out there!! 
Best M.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment